Justin Timberlake’s ‘The 20/20 Experience World Tour’, 2 May 2014 – Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium. Nice lad, still got some moves, but Antwerp is a bitty rough around the edges when it comes to events.
1. The concert was in Antwerps Sportpaleis. Our hotel was at 8 min driving distance. It took us 8 minute to get near the venue, and another 1 hour and 5 minutes to get out of the taxi and enter the concert venue (the mother of all traffic jams).
2. Only one ATM for an extremely huge arena (names like The Eagles, Nine Inch Nails, Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire are on the upcoming events). You cannot pay with debit card for your drinks. I have to admit, since living in the Netherlands, where you can pay everywhere with a card (and I mean everywhere), I have almost never cash in my wallet.
3. Compared with the Netherlands, taxi drivers are ‘far behind’ when it comes to payment via credit card / debit card (Quote from our Belgian taxi driver). However, he was a good guy and charged us only with 25 euros, even if he had to wait 1 hour to be paid – ATM huge queue.
4. No body scanning or bag checkup while entering in the arena. I remember the concert of Ozzy Osbourne (Bucharest – Zone Arena), when I’ve got myself a good old body checkup and my perfume was thrown away in a container… apparently it was an extremely dangerous liquid.
5. Prohibited access with interchangeable lens or binoculars, yet I could enter with my camera and now I have few nice shots of #2020experience. Anyways, thumbs up for the scene setting, Sportpaleis, it was a great show!